49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 909 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
MVP odds at DK

+280 J Allen
+300 Brock
+650 Mahomes and Lawrence

I got 5 on it.

I'll never understand the boner for josh allen
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Not necessarily saying it was the wrong route. I'm saying it was terrible execution on Cowing's part, whatever the route was supposed to be.

He literally did a 360 (or more like a 270) at the top of the route. Brock could have believed he was going to break outside with the nature of that spin.

I haven't looked at any film of the game, and probably won't, but I'm putting that play on him until shown otherwise.




Circling back to this. JTO included this play in his Purdy video this week. Play begins at 2:55.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I'll never understand the boner for josh allen

saying the quiet part out loud!

You know, Purdy will never be able to do things Josh does, I've been told. Therefore, it must be true.
He's playing so good, gotta keep MVPurdy healthy at all costs
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
He's playing so good, gotta keep MVPurdy healthy at all costs

Our season will probably be done without him. Might be able to slip into the Playoffs but we won't be a major factor. So if we are able to get reinforcements by letting Mac Jones go, I would do it (but I don't think we will, probably just picks which are worthless right now). Its either you are all in, or not in at all.
Originally posted by GunsUp240G:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
He's playing so good, gotta keep MVPurdy healthy at all costs

Our season will probably be done without him. Might be able to slip into the Playoffs but we won't be a major factor. So if we are able to get reinforcements by letting Mac Jones go, I would do it (but I don't think we will, probably just picks which are worthless right now). Its either you are all in, or not in at all.

Somebody mentioned the idea of trading Mac and then immediately signing Jimmy G for the rest of the season.

I know I kinda dunked on Jimmy G's playoff resume but I honestly don't hate that idea at all. Mac Jones doesn't really have a playoff resume either. If we traded Mac and then signed Jimmy G for the rest of the season for $2.5M we would technically save money.
Jimmy is not coming back here nor do I want him back
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,583
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
MVP odds at DK

+280 J Allen
+300 Brock
+650 Mahomes and Lawrence

I got 5 on it.

I'll never understand the boner for josh allen

Dude is a phenomenal athlete for sure. But I'm with you. The whole Josh has to put the team on his back BS. He gets credit Because he rather run it in himself from 1 or 2 yards out instead of getting it to his all pro RB.

As we sit here today Brock has more rushing yards than Josh. You'd never know it though.

I am interested in seeing how JA's game ages.
Originally posted by 49erKing:

That one to Evans still gets me like
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by 49erKing:

That one to Evans still gets me like

I genuinely don't know how anyone can watch that and be like "system QB."
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,568
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
MVP odds at DK

+280 J Allen
+300 Brock
+650 Mahomes and Lawrence

I got 5 on it.

I'll never understand the boner for josh allen

Dude is a phenomenal athlete for sure. But I'm with you. The whole Josh has to put the team on his back BS. He gets credit Because he rather run it in himself from 1 or 2 yards out instead of getting it to his all pro RB.

As we sit here today Brock has more rushing yards than Josh. You'd never know it though.

I am interested in seeing how JA's game ages.

I've always said in the past, "Give Brock Purdy Jerry Rice 2.0 and he'll be in a lot of Superbowls." Kyle listened to me and got Mike Evans. Credit to Kyle for listening to me.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,568
Originally posted by Montana:
Jimmy is not coming back here nor do I want him back

If we can get draft capital for trading Mac and maybe land a Ronnie Lott/Nick Emmanwori type of athlete in next years draft, to me the risk is worth it - considering the Performance of our current OLine. Brock has yet to be sacked.

Now if our OLine looked like the Chargers OLine versus Seattle, I definitely would not trade Mac.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
MVP odds at DK

+280 J Allen
+300 Brock
+650 Mahomes and Lawrence

I got 5 on it.

I'll never understand the boner for josh allen

Dude is a phenomenal athlete for sure. But I'm with you. The whole Josh has to put the team on his back BS. He gets credit Because he rather run it in himself from 1 or 2 yards out instead of getting it to his all pro RB.

As we sit here today Brock has more rushing yards than Josh. You'd never know it though.

I am interested in seeing how JA's game ages.

I've always said in the past, "Give Brock Purdy Jerry Rice 2.0 and he'll be in a lot of Superbowls." Kyle listened to me and got Mike Evans. Credit to Kyle for listening to me.

I like Evans but unfortunately he's nearing the end of his career. Too bad we couldn't have gotten him about 5 years ago around when we got CMC.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
MVP odds at DK

+280 J Allen
+300 Brock
+650 Mahomes and Lawrence

I got 5 on it.

I'll never understand the boner for josh allen

I mean it's not hard to understand he's really really good.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone